About Rick Pakola
Rick has over twenty years of litigation experience.
He received outstanding training and trial experience in the U.S. Air Force, where he served as a Judge Advocate General (JAG). He was appointed a Special Assistant United States Attorney (SAUSA) and ran the Edwards Air Force Base Magistrate Court. He was also appointed an Area Defense Counsel (ADC), in which position he was responsible for representing active duty members facing criminal charges, and he later ran one of the busiest criminal justice offices in the Air Force, at Yokota Air Base, Japan.
After leaving the Air Force, Rick moved to Rockland County and worked with the former District Attorney of Rockland County.
Since 2015, Rick is proud to be working with Bill Smith, specializing in Elder Law, Surrogate’s Court practice and Guardianships.
- 1995, New York Courts
- 1995, Pennsylvania Courts
- 2007, U.S. District Court; Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- 2013, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- George Washington University School of Law, LL.M. (Environmental Law), 2004
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1989
- Judge, Village of West Haverstraw
- Town of Orangetown, Deputy Town Attorney